Rebranding Brainstorming for Zcoin

I don’t see the pint of a new name.
Research and innovation have been presented under the name Zcoin so a rebrand that includes the name is likely to cost in terms of that type of recognizability. Not in the overall completely crypto community but people coming into crypto looking for privacy options will want to be able to link innovative tech to a consistent name.

1 Like

I would argue that we would have very little recognizability atm :smiley:

Some is better than none and makes for a better and firmer foundation to launch awareness campaigns from, as opposed to gambling on instant name recognition from a rebrand. :wink:

I would also argue that the recognition that is there is of a significantly higher quality than what a marketing team can “generate.” There is a solid basis for reasonably rapid organic growth. The other type tends to be short lived at best.

•FunGBull
THECoin
•ExZC(sounds like ecstasy?)
•LaisseZ(laissez faire) or LaZay (kinda looks like lazy, haha)
•Permiss
•shaNONE (ode to Claude Shannon)

It is fun to brainstorm branding. Lol :laughing:

Who chooses the new name, is there a vote?

What is the process

For this, it’s going to have to be a centralized decision as domains etc have to be obtained. The last time we tried to crowdsource ideas, the domain names were suddenly registered.

We did run it by Zcoin stakeholders (trusted people in the ecosystem) and we have been getting generally positive feedback of what we have done thus far especially once we explained the rationale and the idea behind it so I’m positive.

But it will be quite a rapid departure. I monitor social media a LOT and those that don’t know much of Zcoin immediately think of us as a Zcash fork and this used to be the cause with Horizen as well. You don’t hear anyone calling Horizen a fork of Zcash even though they actually did start that way.

We are a unique project with unique industry leading technology and our name should stand out, be easy to say and be tied to the values of our project, I actually think our new name meets these requirements even as we in the community have grown fond of the Zcoin name.

3 Likes

I’m still not convinced but there is some truth in it when you mentioned Horizon as an example.
Still i have not seen any name that “feels” right. Its tough with names. Aura is the best so far.
There is a swedish payment method called “Swish” , i like that name for some reason , not sure if we can steal it :smiley:
You can say Swish me X coin …

How about ROPAY?
Does Zcoin want to be used as a cryptocurrency?
If so, it needs a spendable sounding name.

Me at 7-11: Do you take RoPay?
7-11: Of course, who doesn’t?

Disclaimer: I own the domain name, ropay.com

AURA is the best, well sounding, pure, name so far.