Rebranding Brainstorming for Zcoin

I really believe Zcoin should not rebrand. A few thing to do;
-Stop mentioning/writing ZeroCoin. Remove it from the website so it gets forgotten.
-Get professional help with Branding and PR.

Zcoin and Zcash confusion is only a PR problem. It can be solved without changing the name.

I pronounce it zed coin. Would it be better or worse as the Americans say it, zee coin?
What would PR say?

3 Likes

I really like Zbits. Sounds like a nice, modern lightweight currency which is the appearance that Zcoin should give off.

Maybe something even more generic like just ā€˜Bitsā€™ or ā€˜Creditsā€™ would be cool.

3 Likes

In my experience from representing Zcoin at conferences and events, it is imperative that we move away from the name. Unfamiliar people always assume we are some fork or clone of Zcash, due to their dominance this is something that in my opinion is not going to ever go away. And as already mentioned, we will soon have nothing in the protocol related to Zerocoin (once the Zerocoin -> Sigma remint window closes), and so the name actually wouldnā€™t make much sense. I also believe that there should be no ā€œZā€ in the name at all.

3 Likes

Quick update on this, we should have some professional suggestions by Tuesday.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve read through the suggestions, my favorites are Mint and Echo (I really like Mint), as they both help describe the technology.
Iā€™ll also suggest Zed, which I stole from seeing the username Zed.

Mint is nice, but itā€™s already a name for an large Linux distro.

2 Likes

@Muggles Thatā€™s a good thing to note, but I donā€™t think itā€™s a problem. Linux Mint isnā€™t going to create a cryptocurrency and ā€œZcoinā€ isnā€™t going to create a Linux distribution. Itā€™s kind of like how Apple Music and Apple Computers co-existed for so long.
As long as we ā€œstay in our lane,ā€ there shouldnā€™t be an issue.

It all depends on the people, if the topic comes up to them, then everything will be fine, for example, if you do different things, As in games, give all sorts of ā€œgoodiesā€, in general, encourage people)
Sorry for my english

MINT looks nice to me.

even with Linux Mint already taken. Itā€™s two differents things so why not?

Reuben told us they were professionnal proposition a month ago, hope they 've come with some great branding ideas.

1 Like

These buns are very good for people, but for small companies, for example, these are unnecessary costs, and for them it is not an option.

1 Like

What about rebranding to ā€œZintā€ for ā€œmintā€? (name not taken yet)

Or we can use ā€œZapā€ for show that a coin is ā€œzappedā€ in and out of the existance at a lightning fast speed. (Unfortunately, name taken by Zapcoin)

ā€œZetaā€ name taken by zetacoin

ā€œZenesisā€ also taken by another company.

Or we can use ā€œZnieā€ for ā€œGenieā€. The name have not been taken yet. Genie represents energy and playfulness and can create something out of nothing and can make something disappears.We can also use genie as the mascot of the coin.

AegisPay could be good for adoption. It can also be good through the Lelantus upgrade. Zpay also sounds alright.

Sometimes a reintroduction / rebranding is not a bad thing. There should be good press for it at the same time too Iā€™d hope.

I personally love the name Zcoin, its OG, its simple and short, Z to me stands for Zero as in zero proofs which this project will always be based on. Iā€™d prefer there was no name change. Iā€™m also very reluctant to change soā€¦

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m new in the forum and hear about the rebranding name, Zcoin sounds very good, but I see majority wants to change it, my suggesting name would be icoin or i-coin now that for most people is very common hear ā€œiā€ at beginning of technological things

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty old school though :wink: both i- stuff and -coin stuff are very out of fashion lol

I really like the name of Zcoin. The sound is good, itā€™s a short name and well suited for marketing and advertising. The only problem is that the meaning of the ā€œZā€ no longer corresponds to the technology. Is it necessary to change? I am not sure. The advantage of changing name / brand is that it can publicize and renew the project. It must therefore be done not simply to change, but with major elements of the evolution of the project. And you should have a smart name, already with a marketing concept, that is easy to understand and remember

1 Like

We are still using zero knowledge proofs so itā€™s not wrong to use Z :smiley:

1 Like

Zstash
Hidden, secret, savings

Here are more my suggestions.

Zenbit (XZB)
Qubit (XQB)
Demint / Dmint (DMT) (DEM) (XDM)
Znotes (XZN)

1 Like