Zmerge
Zblock
Zchain
Zypher
Zlite
Zolar

Here is my few hours of brainstorming and play:

7 letter word - too long (SCORPIO)
6 letter word has to be something everybody knows how to spell in different cultures (MOSAIC)
5 letter word has to be something very obvious an existing (CITRON)
4 letter word is ideas length GOLD-literally :slight_smile:

Starting with the existing ticker XZC here is list of short candidates

Missing X:
ZINC*
ZINCO
ICON*
ZIN
OZON
PICO

missing Z:
AXIS
ONYX
ICON
PICO
COAX
ONYX

missing C:
AXIS
ZIN
OZON
ONYX

missing XZC
RIOT

including S for Sigma:
STOP
STYX (greek river)
SIGMA*

Lelantus inspiration:
SEAL
TESLA - just kidding!

*- coins like that already exists :frowning:
Have a fun yourself at https://www.word-grabber.com/letter-sorting

SEAC = South East Asia Coin. I think we need to focus on conquering this location first before world domination and as we were born here why not honour our roots?
I think almost every decent coin that has changed names has had a dramatic price increase - dash, nano, zencash etc. but most don’t sustain it long so make sure there is something behind the rebranding if the team go that way. cheers.

vcash is the name of a failed currency from a year or so ago so thats bad karma wink:

Oh so it’s a name available then. Good.

Based on Reuben’s scope, I think the name should be Echo. In much the same way that Zcoin endeavors to obscure the transfer of value, the origins of an echo can be difficult to determine however at the same time you are certain something was spoken - thus hinting at the ability to audit the supply. Echo also comes from Greek mythology, whereby she was cursed to never speak except to repeat the words of others. Once again this also hints at the ability to obscure the identity of the original messenger.

Furthermore, I like that we are moving away from Zcoin as it is too similar to other projects such as Zclassic and Zcash. We need our own identity!

+1 for Echo, sounds great, not yet taken in the crypto space.

I’m not sure if the rebranding is needed. But I really don’t like the idea to use the sigma letter, I think this would be the end of this coin. I actually like Zcoin name but it’s true is confusing with Zcash, maybe it’s not that bad neither, you can get some attention this way too.

I would stay with this name at least for now. In any case, always stay with the letter Z.

What about “Zapper”? Sound good to me for a privacy coin.

And well if you really like Sigma, what about “Zigma”? :smiley:

I’m good with Echo. It’s generic enough, not a weird name or too out there. If we change the name might as well change the color theme. Blue to light blue seems good for the name Echo.