Rebranding Brainstorming for Zcoin

Muggles and I had a fun night of thinking up new names for Zcoin.

What do you think of any of these?

Blink (like mage teleport)
Whisper
Shimmer
Shatter
Slipstream
Rift
Tempest
Anomaly
Ghost
Shade
Wraith
Lich
Flow
Flit
Flitter
Pulsar
Stargate
Ore
Flip (like flip a coin)
Warp (defunct project, might be a jinx)
Popcoin (punzy lol)

Looking forward to other interesting thoughts. ^-^ /

Zcoin Governance and Development past 4 years

A few more

Shade
Phantom

Many people of our community do love Zcoin as we are used to it and the $XZC tag with Z like Zoro lol.

I’m pretty OK with Zcoin. But knowing that the protocol under that is zerocoin and the Z was chosen because of that is’nt a good idea.

Reuben’ himself is saying that Zerocoin is bad marketting. x) zero worth nothing.

Anyway i don’t know if we should rebrand. It’s not always a success. (Horizen for Zencash for example)

Blink / Phantom / Ghost sounds great like we are anonymous :smiley: but is that fit a currency name ? dunno.

Blink would better fit an instant transaction coin ^^’

rename it THB - official cryptocurrency of thailand. The Thai Bhat

Since in the tag line we have “Mint, Spend, Repeat” I vote for Mint but shares the same name as the Linux OS. I think that’s better than being confused with Zcash.

I like Blink. Sounds innocent. I’m worried about names like Ghost and Phantom that gives the immediate emotional idea of dark web nefarious use when talking to a random person for the purpose of adoption.

Clear coin(CLR) maybe (clear your transactions)

I am not really a fan of rebrand but being confused with Zcash is troublesome. I say let’s delve into some mythology, folklore, Latin etc to find a cool catchy name and do a test with the public on feelings when hearing a name.

I do want to avoid things that reinforce the ‘dark’ side of privacy. So things like Shade isn’t so good. Blink is not bad though not SEO friendly.

I liked WhiZper but some felt it corny and feels like it’s about ‘hiding’ things.